- The official event website for the 2nd UWK World Karate Championships is now available at www.unitedkarate.org/montecatini .
- Dear Friends: As you are aware, on July 19, 2016, I appeared in the Swiss Court in Lausanne regarding the issue of discrimination and advancement of Karate to the Olympic Games in Tokyo in 2020. Mr. Liviu Crisan, 1st Vice President also appeared in the proceedings as a witness. The purpose of the court action was to acquire emergency procedures …
UWK FIGHTS FOR THE UNIFICATION OF KARATE SPORT BEFORE ITS INCLUSION IN THE PROGRAMME OF THE OLYMPIC GAMESThe United World Karate (UWK) is the only international federation governing all forms of Karate Sport, i.e. General Karate, Traditional Karate and Contact Karate. In 2015, the UWK contacted the World Karate Federation (WKF) and the International Olympic Committee (IOC) in order to revive the unification process within the world of Karate, which was abandoned years ago following the recognition …
- Para-Karate, the disability unit of United World Karate has been formed under the instruction of Dr Vladimir Jorga, Sports Medicine specialist with more than two decades of research at University. The President of UWK, Richard Jorgensen, told Serbian Sport TV; “ITKF – that has been recognised in 1993 by CAS decision as a source of traditional karate – is working …
UNITED WORLD KARATE
Located in Lausanne, Switzerland, United World Karate (UWK) facilitates close cooperation and collaboration with the recognized world sport authorities; namely, Sport Accord and International Olympic Committee.
UWK Founding Members
United World Karate (UWK) was formed on July 17, 2014 by several major International Karate Federations, including:
- International Traditional Karate Federation (ITKF)
- World Fudokan Federation (WFF)
- World Union Karate-do Federations (WUKF)
- World United Karate Organizations &AD (WUKO&AD)
- International Karate Union (IKU)
- World Karate Confederation (WKC)
- International Karate Organization, Kyokushinkaikan (IKOK)
The mission of UWK is to unify the diverse interests of the various forms of Karate and Karate Competition under one World Federation for the purpose of presenting a unified world stage in the interests of International and World level competition and developmental training for all Karate practitioners world-wide.
UWK seeks to encourage good relations between its member’s Permanent Karate Commissions, National Federations and their respective athletes around the world by providing proper athletic, coaching and officiating training to enhance the public presentation and understanding of karate and the systematic and holistic training of all karate participants regardless of their chosen avenue of participation.
Together we are stronger!
The purpose of this unification was to provide a united application to SportAccord for membership and recognition as the currently recognized Federation, WKF considers these organizations within its constitution to be “dissident” organizations and therefore disallows and prevents participation in major International Competitions such as SportAccord’s Combat Games, and the Continental Games of IOC.
wherein karate can become recognized by the major sport authorities
judging ability, competition quality and safety
that recognizes and embraces the diversity that exists within karate
at all levels of activity and competitionA unified forum for continuous research
Contact Karate Governing Bodies
General Karate Governing Bodies
Traditional Karate Gov. Bodies